Friday, August 29, 2008

Scattered Post

I wear a suit for very few occasions. Funerals, Weddings & Live Fantasy Drafts. What's the common denominator of all these events? Major loss is involved! And for the record, I couldn't have drafted as well as I did without my secretary. Marinda snapped this photo before we left.


Dancing with the Stars:

We commit to very few things on TV...Lost, American Idol, Disney Channel (for the girls, but I can handle some Waverly Place), ESPN (the greatest channel in the world) and HGTV (go Marinda!). However, one show we watch as a family is Dancing with the Stars. I must admit though, I became disinterested last season because we all knew Kristi YamaSuzuki was gonna win. This year, the new lineup has been posted so I'll mention a couple favorites. First, Toni Braxton, is gonna be one of my favorites. Why? Because she is one of the all-time greatest female singers on the planet. I bought Toni's album back in the early 90's but have no idea what happened to it. But, I do have 3 of her songs on my Ipod..."Another Sad Love Song, Breathe Again & You Mean the World to Me. You can have Whitni Houston, Celine Dion...give me some Braxton. You know how you have a singer you really like to hear and you think...man I wish they would get saved and sing at my church? Ok, maybe you don't think like that, but I do. Well, Braxton is one for me. Can she dance? Probably not. Second, Lance Bass. I never liked "In the Sink" couldn't name one song but I'm sure this guy can move. He's also an astronaut...so, gravity should not be a problem. Warren Sapp. What's this guy doing? He'll last 1 maybe 2 weeks and hopefully he won't fall on his partner and make a pancake out of her. Let me mention one more...Cody Linley. He plays Jake Ryan on Hannah Montana...which I'm forced to watch. His character Jake is really conceited...so it will be interesting to see him as himself.

Going to the Redbirds game Monday at 1:05 to make up for the Back to School Bash that got cut short...ready for that.

Here's a quick thought...have you ever heard anyone say this? "We've tried everything; now all we can do is pray." Huh? Why do we use prayer as a last result, rather than the 1st option?

Oh yeah, got out of the aircast yesterday. The ankle is healing nicely and I've been doing stretching and flexibility exercises all week (Doctor's orders). That 12" vertical will be back before you know it.

4 comments:

H.T. said...

I agree on the prayer comment. The statement speaks "ignorance" for itself-man first, God last? Never. Thank God for His mercy and grace!! Good luck with ankle! Does this mean a comeback for the Crossroads softball team?

Dana said...

The fact that you can't even come up with "Bye, Bye, Bye" makes more sense of why you think that Lance can actually dance. Just because he was in NSYNC doesn't mean he danced. He was aweful. He doesn't stand a chance.

And you left off a very important part of the draft day post... your office redecorating.

Anonymous said...

Dancing with the stars???...and you make fun of me for watching NASCAR? Not another word.

Mike Archer said...

good point...but i never claimed it was a sport.