Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Boundaries


This is a picture of our two horses. My dad had four and he sent two of them to our place so the girls could be around them. Their names are Buttercup & Bandit. I put up a hot-wire fence to keep them in the yard. They are very afraid of the hot-wire...it hurts. However, something changed a few days ago. I was on my way to church and I noticed Buttercup was in the field next to our house...out of his pen. I put him back inside the fence and later that afternoon he escaped again. I didn't know what was happening. I checked the fence and everything seemed intact. I didn't touch it...I just checked to make sure it was all together and the light was blinking on the control box. It all looked good but it didn't work...he got out again. Now, I had built a smaller area with regular cattle fence so I put him in that area and left Bandit in the hot-wired area. You guessed it...it was Bandit's turn now. I noticed Bandit was sticking his head through the fence trying to eat grass and his neck was touching the wire...no shock!!! I got my fence checker thingy and it showed nothing. My shocking unit was malfunctioned. So, I locked Bandit in the pen with Buttercup and they are both unhappy about it. Can you tell by their faces? Ok, maybe not, but they are prisoners for the moment. Buttercup & Bandit desire the freedom to run wherever they want without any restrictions, but I can't let that happen. I realize they might runaway...get stolen by someone, etc. The horses only want to get out of the fence because they believe the freedom will be better for them. It's the same with us. God sets boundaries for us and He has a direction for our lives, but we are always trying to get out of the "pen" and do our own thing. Why is that? I think we just don't trust our Master. We might say we trust Him, but we're always trying to get away from His plan. I love my horses but I got very frustrated with them a few days ago. I think God gets frustrated with us a lot of times because we are always so disobedient, but I'm thankful His love never runs empty. If you've been trying to escape God's plan for your life lately, maybe it's time to stop hopping fences and enjoy the area he has designated for you.