Friday, January 23, 2009

Bring the Rain!


What is in the picture above?
Multiple Choice:
1) A pile of very rich dirt.
2) A pile of coal
3) A pile of chicken poop.
If you guessed 3, you guessed correctly. This is what I've been smelling for the past couple days. At our house, we have neighbors in front, neighbors to the right and woods in the back. However, on the left is an open field. For the most part, this is a good thing, but during this time of the year it's not very pleasant for at least a few days. Each year they fertilize this field with chicken poop. They bring it out by the truck loads, dump it in a big pile and spread it in the field. What I've come to notice is fertilizing with chicken poop is all about timing and this year...they brought out the goods way to early in my opinion. Last year they spread the poop...it stunk, and the next day it rained and the smell was almost completely gone. I'm telling you..."this stuff reaks!" As I said, the rain will end most of the smell...not all of it...but at least where you can walk outside and breathe without feeling a sudden need to vomit. As soon as I get close to home, I smell it about a half a mile before I turn in the driveway. When I get out of the car I can feel it...it's like a big beast or something...it's like walking into a wall. Seriously, it's a violent smell. Anyway, rain, ice or snow is on it's way early next week and I say "bring it on." I walked out this morning and it was like..."BAM!!!" Pray with me..."Lord bring the rain."

1 comment:

Misty said...

We should have prayed that last night coming to your house. We were gagging. ASk Maggie. She figured out what the real problem was. I'm not allowed to make it public knowledge.