Monday, February 16, 2009

Husband or Boyfriend of the Year!




Yesterday, on the way home from church we stopped to get some gas in the Escape. Now, being the man of the house I was the one pumping the gas. I always do this and it just seems right. This is not some act of kindness to my wife...I always pump the gas...and it was cold outside. As many of you Crossroadians know, we've been doing the 21 challenge for our spouse. 1 act of kindness to our spouse for the next 21 days in hopes of creating a habit of love in our relationship. Well, when Marinda and I saw this we had to take a picture. Is it a married couple or a dating couple? Could it be brother and sister?...I doubt it. Whatever type of relationship it is...this dude is a major loser. He's sittin' in the heat while the girl is in the cold weather working on the tire. She checked the tire with a gauge and then put air in the tire...and the man's man was staying warm...wow! People amaze me!

3 comments:

Shannon Beasley said...

As usual, there is more to the story, okay? I farted inside (and it was off of some baaad Indian food). She literally FLED from the car and wouldn't get back in. So, of course, I said, "Hey, while you're out there, put some air in that left rear, would ya?" I think an apology is owed me.

Sincerely,

Clark Mitchell
Sorority Pastor

H.T. said...

Oh my gosh, that poor woman. A close up of the picture looks like he might even be enjoying a good read while she freezes! Does he have a cup of coffee in there too?! I want to give him the benefit of the doubt, but you guys saw it with your own eyes.

Misty said...

I am laughing so incredibily hard at Beasley's comment. Thanks Beasley.