Friday, February 5, 2010

Gift to City Church

As you guys remember, we gave City Church some pretty cool gifts to help support their ministry this past Christmas. I received an email the other day that I wanted to share with you guys, since the gift wasn't from me...it was from Crossroads. Because of your faithfulness in giving we are able to be a blessing to other people. Enjoy!



Hey Mike,

Mike, you don’t know me, but I just wanted to send you a word of encouragement and praise for what you did for Jeremy Sullivan and City Church in Jonesboro on Christmas Eve. I am the Innovative Church Planting Strategist, which is a brand new position for the Arkansas Baptist State Convention. City Church was the first church I helped to start and get going in this position. I just wanted to shoot you guys a note and say what an awesome gift you gave and what a blessing you were to City Church. As you probably know raising up good church partners for church plants is one of the most difficult aspects of my job because most established churches just don’t get it when it comes to church planting. We’re making great strides, but still have a long way to go.

Anyway, I didn’t have any big agenda or anything, I had talked with Jeremy this morning and he told me what you guys had done for them. I got your email address off your website and just wanted to say thank you for being a huge encouragement to City Church through your Christmas gift to them. Very well done. I hope God just absolutely pours amazing things into your church’s life this year.

Grace and Peace,

Dave

Dave McClung, Innovative New Work Strategist
Missions Ministries Team
Arkansas Baptist State Convention
10 Remington Dr. Suite #257
Little Rock, AR. 72204
501-376-4791, ext. 5149
In Arkansas: 800-838-2272
Fax: 501-374-2754
dmcclung@absc.org

No comments: