Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Ministry

STORY: A friend was in front of me coming out of the church one day and the preacher was standing at the door ready to shake hands. He grabbed my friend by the hand and said,Joe, “You need to join the Army of the Lord!”Joe replied, “I’m already in the Army of the Lord, Pastor.”The Pastor questioned, “How come I don’t see you except at Christmas and Easter?”He smiled and whispered back, “I’m in the secret service.”

It's time for the church to come out of retirement and back into ministry. God's ready to change the world and he wants to use each of us for that task. We are are all gifted in some area and we need to get busy using our gifts to build up the body. One regret I have for my life is that I didn't start serving him earlier. I got involved in ministry in my mid-twenties. I feel like I missed opportunities during my younger years. However, I'm glad I did start. Many people live their whole lives saying, "I'll start tomorrow." Well, forget about tomorrow and just start right now. It's never too late. Get involved today!