Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Safety

If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?

Believe it or not I've been here...but if somebody would foot the bill I would gladly go back. Plus, I could hopefully be an extra on my favorite show...Lost!

My daughter Madison would flip out over going here but that's not gonna happen.

I'd give my left arm to spend some time in this place...ok maybe from the elbow down.

There are a lot of great places in the world we could go but one place we all want to be is safe. We want safety for us, our spouse, our children, family, etc. Think on this...as Christians we have concluded that God promises safety. Those who are outside God's will, will experience danger. People say, "Get out of God's will and you'll be in big trouble." God's will appears to be a "safe" place for the believer. However, I think scripture teaches something different. I don't believe the center of God's will is a very safe place to be, but possibly the most dangerous place. When I'm out of God's will I'm usually playing it safe. When I'm doing God's will in my life I am constantly placed in uncomfortable situations...places I would never go by my own choice. So, if you want safety...keep doing whatever you want to do and ignore God, but if you want to live a life of danger...get in God's will.

Oh yeah, if you don't agree with those thoughts...go here.

No comments: