Monday, May 19, 2008

My Sister


This is my Sister Carla. We had her 40th birthday party at my house on Friday night. She thought she was going out to eat with Dad & Mom. When she arrived at my house we were all dressed in black, but she still didn't get it. Dad & Mom said they were stopping by to show her the house and see all the work we've been doing. Get this, black balloons were floating around the floor and it still didn't register. Finally, we had to break the news...Happy Birthday! She was pretty surprised...as you probably figured out. It was fun to grill, cook smores and hang out with the family. Carla is an amazing person. She has a disability, but she doesn't let that stop her from staying active. Whenever I feel lazy or ready to drop everything...I think of her and how everyday is a battle. This is one of my favorite verses and it exemplifies Carla's life. Love ya Sis!

No comments: