Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Swim Party!

My daughters are in the final week of school before the summer break begins. I can remember as a child how excited I was during this time. I couldn't wait for school to end and summer to begin. The last week was always full of field trips & extra recess...which I'm all about! Well, times haven't changed much since the 80's. Yesterday, I had the opportunity to attend Maddie's trip to the Y for a day on the playground & time in the pool. Tons of 3rd graders from Brookland invaded the park for play & lunch. After lunch, they hopped across the street for some fun in the pool. While at the pool monitoring Maddie's swimming techniques, I was able to capture 3 great moments. They are listed below:

Moment 1: Lady gets surprised!

The pool at the Y is actually very large & they have another kiddie pool that would be better labeled as a junior size pool...a bit larger than kiddie in my mind. Well, before the kids could swim they had to be seated in the bleachers and given the "rules of the pool." There was a lady on the "bleacher end" of the pool laying out. She was the only person on that end of the pool and appeared to be sleeping. 100 or more 3rd graders put a stop to that. They all run to the bleachers to prepare for the speech from the Y lifeguards. You guessed it...the lady (who had privacy) gets caught in between the lifeguards and tons of 3rd graders. She just looked up for a little bit, rubbed her eyes & laid back down. Think about it...it's too late to run...why not just stay and wait it out.



Moment 2: New guy?

I had to take a shot of this lifeguard. He had a farmer's tan. What's up with that? If I'm gonna be a lifeguard...I'm making a few appointments at the local tanning salon before my 1st day on the job. This guy looked like he stepped off the John Deere, spit out his snuff, slipped on his trunks and clocked in. Wow!



Moment 3: Speedos!

That's wrong! A pool full of 3rd graders and a guy shows up in Speedos?...that's just wrong!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

One more, because for replica handbags
, anniversary of them is fabricated by hand. Their aegis action aswell embodies the ability of designer handbags
. designer bags
are the latest addition. Some of the purses and the louis vuitton
accord an electric appearance.