Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Labor Day

Church leaders all over the world are breathing a huge sigh of relief right now. Labor Day is usually the last weekend for people to get away and now we can all get back to a normal routine...which is good for churches. Churches everywhere see a decline in attendance and giving during the summer months (unless God is blowing up the joint). Our vacations are over with and from now until Mother's Day...we kick it in high gear for ministry. I hope everyone had fun on Labor Weekend. The Archer's kept it low key. We spent every dime we had and then some at Disney and the Beach this summer so for Labor Day...we grabbed some food and hit the park. It was about 112 degrees with 200% humidity...classic Arkansas weather. After the park, I took the family to the local putt putt facility for some quick lessons on the green. I beat the wife by about 4 strokes and the girls by about 34 strokes. It was pretty impressive...I'm thinking about laminating the scorecard. That night we went to the Hillis' House for some dinner and sequence with a couple of their friends from W. Memphis. The guys spanked the girls...it was a good Labor Day. Alright, my head's swelling I better move on to other stuff. Actually, this stuff is a lot better than what you just read. I met with the Leadership Team Sunday after church and we made a decision on the building we've been looking at now for a few weeks. We decided to go forward. The financial numbers look really good...you guys have been faithful in giving and God has really blessed us to where we can make a move. I'm actually going to deliver the guy at Fletcher a proposal letter in just a few minutes and then we wait on him. This building is right off the bypass, it's roomy and it's going to rock. I'm ready...pray that God gives us the words as we meet with them and discuss all the details. We'll go from a room that seats 100 to one that seats 300 to 350 and the rest of the facility is very cool. I'm pumped!