Thursday, September 27, 2007

Random stuff

Still no news on the building. The same old story every time..."I should hear from them tomorrow"...I'll probably get word in a couple days." This is taking longer than I wanted.
I know a lot of you guys have been praying for Melissa Meeker. In case you don't know, there is a website to keep you updated. Go here and type in melissameeker. It's a good way to stay informed and you can even drop her a note.
Unless you've lived in a cave for the past couple weeks you don't know about the game tonight. ASU vs. Memphis. Even if you're not a big football fan it will be fun. That's where I'll be tonight.
I've been studying up on Matthew & Thomas this week. We will look at them this Sunday and see how they were changed after their 3 year time with Jesus. I've really enjoyed this series on the twelve and I know a lot of you have. Several people have made good comments. I think it's because they are so normal. It's amazing how God rocked the world with 12 ordinary men.
We finally decided on a name for our cell group last night. Drum roll please...Becoming less. Except we are doing it like this...Becoming <. Pretty sweet huh? I'd like to say I came up with the name, but I didn't. Cristi Hillis invented the name and here is the verse to go with it. That's right...we have a verse for our name. I know you're impressed. Have a nice evening!