Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Thoughts

So, still no word on the building. I called Jon at Fletcher today and left a message. It has officially been two weeks now since I handed the proposal letter. Something better happen this week or I'll...well...I'm not sure what I'll do, but you can bet I'll do it good!

This coming weekend we continue our series on, "The Twelve." We've looked at two sets of brothers who were fisherman. This Sunday the two guys we focus on appear to have been good friends before Jesus called them. And yes, they also appear to be fisherman. Philip & Bartholomew...we'll check these fellows out in detail this weekend.

The Table Tennis Tournament is coming this weekend and I have a new weapon. It's go time!

We had a great new members class Sunday & possibly two more to baptize.

5 more months and Lost is back! Sweet!

The ticket:
If you were at church Sunday you know about the ticket. I was leaving my brothers Saturday night on my way home and I was pulled over by a cop for going 60 in a 45. The funny thing, I pulled over in a church parking lot. I had the wife and kids with me and Madison was afraid we were going to jail. Marinda thought it was funny since I had earlier been bragging about only having one ticket and that was at age 18...so it's been awhile. Well, the streak is broken. However, the cop did do me a favor. He wrote the ticket as Hazardous Driving which cut the price in half, won't hurt the insurance & won't be on my record...so I basically told Marinda it's like I never really got a ticket...she's not buying it. It's a weird feeling when you get pulled over because you automatically become the focal point of all passersby that you have just screwed up. It's a good thing God doesn't operate that way. If he pulled us over, turned on the blue lights & shined a big honkin' flashlight in our eyes every time we made a mistake...well, the life of a Christian would be a little unbearable. Thankfully, God has forgiven us of our sins by sending His Son to die on a cross and when you think about...we don't have to be looked at and laughed at every time we mess up because His word tells us here that He already went through that for us. See ya!