Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Crazy Stuff

Yeah, we did something pretty crazy Sunday. Every adult in the building received an envelope with $50.00 at the end of the service. Well, I say every adult...only those who were willing to sign a commitment card listing the 2 requirements that go along with the $50.00. 1st (I will use this money to help someone other than myself) & 2nd (I will tell my story on video). We have basically put mission money in the hands of our people and said, "go do something good for someone in the name of Jesus, and don't worry about getting on an airplane to travel overseas or anything, just help someone in your circle of life." The 1st Sunday in December we will kick-off a series called "Touched" and we will show videos each Sunday of our people telling what they did with the money. I think it will be pretty cool to hear all the stories of who they "touched." I know what you're thinking..."what if they just use the money for themselves?" If they can honestly say they need it that bad, I say go for it...but be sure you have the integrity to share that on video. There will probably be a few who will not tell their story on video and for all we know they went to Chili's and rented a movie with the money, but I guess that's the risk you take when you do something different. I'm pumped already to hear all the cool stories!

Our interview series is going to run for 3 more weeks...and I'll share with you tomorrow who will be coming this Sunday. Have a good evening!

No comments: