Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Allow me to vent

Before I get started, let me make something clear. Wal-Mart on highland has stepped up their game. The whole store has been updated and re-organized. I was a little lost at first but I like the new layout. Also, they have all new buggies...which I'm totally for since I always get the buggy with the bad wheel. Ok, enough bragging.
I'm at Wal-Mart a couple days ago with two items...two items people!!! Of course, I head on over to the 20 items or less aisle...both lines open are pretty big lines. 20 lanes and 5 are open!!! What's up with that? Anyway, as I near the register the person in front of me leaves and I notice the person in front of her (now in front of me) has an overflowing buggy. I mean...she could almost be kicked out of the regular line. I'm thinking, what are you doing in this line? It's 20 or less...how hard is that to figure out. I have two items...I'm allowed 18 more. She has like 200 items. I'm pretty frustrated but I'm trying to keep the good Christian attitude. Then, the lady looks at me and says..."you can go ahead if you want." I did, of course. And in my mind I'm saying..."you just acted like you did me some sort of favor." I mean, she was real nice about it...gave a friendly smile but it one of those..."I'm doing a good deed smiles." I wanted to tell her thanks but it's my right to be here and you're not even allowed to be in this line. So, don't come over here where you shouldn't be and pretend to be a generous person. Of course, I didn't say squat...I just paid for my 2 items and got out. Why? Because it reminds me of my attitude towards God. I give my money, my time, my gifts to God. I don't even deserve to be where I'm at...I deserve death...but somehow I end up in this line and rather than being thankful for that...I act like I'm really doing something big. I'm a loser.

On a lighter note...I heard this story on the radio this morning. Funny!

1 comment:

H.T. said...

We really are losers aren't we?! I've been reminded of this a lot lately. The negative issues always point back to "I" and like you said lack of humility.